Man charged after PCSO is assaulted
Date published: 14 December 2018
Police Community Support Officers
Police in Rochdale have charged a 33-year-old man with common assault in connection with an incident on Sunday evening which saw an emergency worker assaulted.
Lee Walsh (14/05/1985), from Rochdale, is due to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates Court on Thursday, 10 January 2019.
The Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) was investigating an incident which had happened in a local pub on Sunday evening 9 December.
It is understood the PCSO was then punched to the back of the head, leaving him with swelling to the top of his head.
The officer returned to duty as normal the following day.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale gym crowned best gym in the UK at the UKactive Awards
- 2Two new secondary schools approved by government
- 3Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
- 4Rochdale optician urges residents not to be caught out by the ‘silent thief of sight’
- 5Mayor’s new electric car is a first for Greater Manchester