Man charged after PCSO is assaulted
Date published: 14 December 2018
Police Community Support Officers
Police in Rochdale have charged a 33-year-old man with common assault in connection with an incident on Sunday evening which saw an emergency worker assaulted.
Lee Walsh (14/05/1985), from Rochdale, is due to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates Court on Thursday, 10 January 2019.
The Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) was investigating an incident which had happened in a local pub on Sunday evening 9 December.
It is understood the PCSO was then punched to the back of the head, leaving him with swelling to the top of his head.
The officer returned to duty as normal the following day.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Previously ‘good’ school told it must improve by watchdog
- 2Plans submitted for controversial 100-home estate
- 3Rochdale town centre businesses after Saturday’s flood
- 4Flooding photo and video gallery - Saturday 16 March 2019
- 5Increased security in place at Royal Oldham Hospital as doctor is carjacked at knifepoint