Police dog catches teenager fleeing police chase
Date published: 14 March 2019
A teenager was caught by a police dog after fleeing from a police chase in Smithy Bridge on Wednesday (13 March).
Three teenagers suspected of stealing a car were chased by police after they spotted a stolen vehicle driving on Smithy Bridge Road just after 1pm.
The car then failed to stop before a short pursuit took place.
One suspect was detained by a police dog, and received a small arm injury in the process.
A second boy was arrested just minutes later.
Police from GMP’s Pennine team said: “The two suspects, who are both 16-years-old, were arrested on suspicion on theft of a vehicle.
“They were interviewed in custody overnight and the file will now be passed to the Youth Offending Team for a decision on how it will now be dealt with.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Car parks on Rochdale town centre tramlines
- 2Family-run drugs gang who forced vulnerable child to deal narcotics has been jailed
- 3Rochdale's famed peregrine falcons lay first egg of year
- 4Public given exclusive tour of the new Riverside development
- 5Eyesore sites to be transformed as housing developments get underway