Police dog catches teenager fleeing police chase
Date published: 14 March 2019
A teenager was caught by a police dog after fleeing from a police chase in Smithy Bridge on Wednesday (13 March).
Three teenagers suspected of stealing a car were chased by police after they spotted a stolen vehicle driving on Smithy Bridge Road just after 1pm.
The car then failed to stop before a short pursuit took place.
One suspect was detained by a police dog, and received a small arm injury in the process.
A second boy was arrested just minutes later.
Police from GMP’s Pennine team said: “The two suspects, who are both 16-years-old, were arrested on suspicion on theft of a vehicle.
“They were interviewed in custody overnight and the file will now be passed to the Youth Offending Team for a decision on how it will now be dealt with.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched