Rochdale man charged with child sex offences
Date published: 10 April 2019
A Rochdale man has been charged with multiple child sex offences.
Jordan Scarrott, 21, has been charged with four counts of sexual communication with a child, four counts of sexual grooming of a child, four counts of sexual activity with a child between the age of 13 and 15, two counts of attempting to meet a child under the age of 16 following grooming, and one count of causing or inciting a child aged 13 to 15 to engage in sexual activity.
He appeared at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 6 April and was remanded to next appear at Manchester Crown Court, Crown Square on Friday 3 May 2019.
In March 2019, police received a report of grooming and an investigation by GMP’s dedicated child sexual exploitation team was launched.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences
- 2Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 3Heywood woman one of the first charged during drink and drug driving campaign
- 4Former taxi driver prosecuted after driving without a licence and insurance
- 5Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home