Heywood Ring and Ride depot could move to Oldham under new proposals
Date published: 07 June 2019
Ring & Ride minibus
A door-to-door transport system could be moved from Heywood to Oldham under new proposals.
Ring and Ride, which provides door-to-door transport for people who find it very difficult or impossible to get to a bus stop or get on or off ordinary buses, could see its Heywood depot moved to Hollinwood in Oldham under proposals by Greater Manchester Accessible Transport Ltd.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Accessible Transport Ltd. said: “As part of a review to improve the efficiency of Ring and Ride services, a proposal has been made to close the Heywood depot and transfer the Bury and Rochdale services to the Hollinwood depot.
“The proposal, which will have minimum impact on the service or our passengers, is currently being discussed with the Unite the Union and all staff are being fully consulted regarding the closure.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work