Heywood Ring and Ride depot could move to Oldham under new proposals
Date published: 07 June 2019
Ring & Ride minibus
A door-to-door transport system could be moved from Heywood to Oldham under new proposals.
Ring and Ride, which provides door-to-door transport for people who find it very difficult or impossible to get to a bus stop or get on or off ordinary buses, could see its Heywood depot moved to Hollinwood in Oldham under proposals by Greater Manchester Accessible Transport Ltd.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Accessible Transport Ltd. said: “As part of a review to improve the efficiency of Ring and Ride services, a proposal has been made to close the Heywood depot and transfer the Bury and Rochdale services to the Hollinwood depot.
“The proposal, which will have minimum impact on the service or our passengers, is currently being discussed with the Unite the Union and all staff are being fully consulted regarding the closure.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections