Heywood Ring and Ride depot could move to Oldham under new proposals
Date published: 07 June 2019
Ring & Ride minibus
A door-to-door transport system could be moved from Heywood to Oldham under new proposals.
Ring and Ride, which provides door-to-door transport for people who find it very difficult or impossible to get to a bus stop or get on or off ordinary buses, could see its Heywood depot moved to Hollinwood in Oldham under proposals by Greater Manchester Accessible Transport Ltd.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Accessible Transport Ltd. said: “As part of a review to improve the efficiency of Ring and Ride services, a proposal has been made to close the Heywood depot and transfer the Bury and Rochdale services to the Hollinwood depot.
“The proposal, which will have minimum impact on the service or our passengers, is currently being discussed with the Unite the Union and all staff are being fully consulted regarding the closure.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 2Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home
- 3Twelve people have been charged following daybreak raids in Rochdale
- 4Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences
- 5Review of Blue Badge fraud as scheme is extended to those with ‘hidden disabilities’