Crescent Community Radio host Eid party celebrating 20 years of achievements
Date published: 16 June 2019
Qaiser Mahmood Qawwal Group
Crescent Community Radio hosted their Eid party at Castlemere Banqueting Hall on Saturday 8 June.
Over 200 people attended the event, held to celebrate the achievements of the local radio station over the last 20 years.
Performers such as Ismail Hussain, a nasheed artist who recited Urdu and Arabic Islamic songs, and Qaiser Mahmood Qawwal group, Pakistani Sufi music, attended. Their appearances were well received.
The winners from the radio’s Naat competition (a contest where participants under 16 recited Islamic songs, be it in the praise of God, His Prophet and others) also sang at the event.
Chair of Crescent Community Radio, Razia Shamim, commented: “The event was a fantastic opportunity for us to celebrate 20 years since we first started broadcasting as well as celebrating Eid with the community.
“I would like to say thank you to the organisers, to all the volunteers and to all our listeners of Crescent Radio for supporting us over the years, and to all those who attended and made this event successful.”
The event was supported by local businesses such as Sterling Currency Exchange, Chunky Chicken, YS Boutique, Whitestone Solicitors and Chacha Jewellers.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale woman jailed for five years on drug charges and money laundering
- 2Couple begin afternoon tea delivery service 'Tea to the Door'
- 3Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced
- 4Multi million pound cash injection proposed for major Rochdale development
- 5Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...