Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
Date published: 19 June 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Rochdale Road East, near the junction with Barley Hall Street (right), Heywood
A man was taken to hospital after a five-car collision in Heywood on Tuesday morning (18 June).
The man, a pedestrian in his early 40s, was taken to Urgent Care at Rochdale Infirmary following the collision at around 9.40am on Rochdale Road East, near the junction with Barley Hall Street.
He was treated at the scene by North West Ambulance Service before being transferred to hospital.
The collision included a bronze Toyota Verso, a blue Mondeo, a white Mini, a grey Ford Focus and a white BMW, closing the road in both directions for some time.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police confirmed that the man was conscious and breathing.
If anyone has any information, please contact police on 101 quoting log 495 of 18 June 2019.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Six-year old girl leads her pony at North West Championship show
- 3Serial rapist found guilty of 37 offences relating to 11 victims aged between 11 and 71
- 4Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 5Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...