Rochdale Member of Youth Parliament meets the Prime Minister
Date published: 20 July 2019
Rochdale Member of Youth Parliament, Anita Okunde with Prime Minister, Theresa May
Rochdale Member of Youth Parliament and Kingsway Park High School student, Anita Okunde, was recently invited to an event at Downing Street.
The event, hosted by the Prime Minister, Theresa May, gave an opportunity to discuss, during a question and answer session, the issues and challenges faced by the youth of today, and how the opportunities and facilities available to them can be improved.
At a later reception, attended by dignitaries, stakeholders and the CEO of Barnardos, Anita met with the Prime Minister, Theresa May, who praised Anita’s contribution to the event and suggested that Anita would make a good Prime Minister.
Deborah Ball, Headteacher of Kingsway Park High School, said: “I am really proud to have Anita as a student of the school and how much hard work and dedication Anita has given in her role, both as a Member of Youth Parliament and Head Girl of the school.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 187-year-old man killed in collision on St Mary's Gate
- 2Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 3Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 4Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 5Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...