Healthwatch Rochdale publishes findings and recommendations after Enter and View visit at The Mews Care Home
Date published: 19 July 2019
The Mews Care Home, Rochdale
Healthwatch Rochdale, has today, Friday 19 July, published a report containing three recommendations for improvement after carrying out an Enter and View visit at The Mews Care Home, Fenton Street, Rochdale.
This was the first visit of Healthwatch Rochdale’s Enter and View programme for 2019/20 and builds on the previous programme of Enter and View visits undertaken in 2018/19. Previously visits were based on eight care quality indicators developed by Independent Age but for the 2019/20 programme Healthwatch Rochdale has included a ninth indicator which focuses on the environment.
Healthwatch Rochdale carry out Enter and View Visits to observe the delivery of service and listen to the views of staff, services users and their families, and to help give them a say in how services are designed and run. Recommendations are based on what is heard and observed on the day.
Following the visit recommendations were made which included:
- To continue researching electronic care planning systems and continue with the switch from paper to electronic care plans
- For the home to share their skills and experience on providing individualised activities to allow other homes to learn from good practice
- Having a ‘you said we did’ board to demonstrate how resident and staff feedback can make a positive difference
Kate Jones, Chief Executive Officer, said: “The Mews Care Home was the first visit of this year’s programme and we saw that care was highly personalised to meet individual needs and requirements especially in the area of activities and personalised accommodation. It was really refreshing to hear staff tell us that they are told not to rush the care they provide to residents and that when they are with a resident they are with that resident. This ethos was reflected in the calm and relaxed atmosphere of the home with all residents appearing to be happy”.
You can read the full report containing details of the findings, recommendations and the service provider’s response here:
If you require a hard copy please telephone Healthwatch on 01706 249575.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Outstanding A-level results at Rochdale Sixth Form College
- 4JD Sports reduce 12-hour night shift breaks from three to two
- 5Paving flags stolen from Springhill Hospice’s Coffee at the Craven