GCSE results: Wardle Academy celebrates excellent grades
Date published: 22 August 2019
Jessica and Rosa
Staff and students at Wardle Academy are celebrating excellent GCSE exam results this year.
Headteacher, Mr Hesketh said: “We are incredibly proud of the achievements of all of our young people. In particular, I am very pleased with the number of students who secured the grades necessary to progress on to their desired next stage of education, training or employment.
“I am also extremely pleased with the increase in the number of students who have achieved the highest grades. The excellent grades reflect the exceptional hard work and commitment of students and staff and the support of families and friends of students at Wardle Academy.”
There have been outstanding performances from many students.
Evie did extremely well, achieving nine grade 9’s which she is extremely pleased about. The bottom of a grade 7 is comparable to the bottom of the old grade A, whilst the bottom of a new grade 4 is comparable to the bottom of the old grade C. Grade 9 is the equivalent of above an A*.
Evie was one of Wardle Academy’s lead prefects and was a huge part of the academy taking part in many school productions over the years and being part of many events in school.
Other outstanding performances came from Rosa and Jessica (main picture), who achieved high grades in all subjects.
Rosa achieved eight grade 9’s and one grade 8 and Jessica achieved three grade 9’s, three grade 8’s and three grade 7’s.
Other students who did well included:
- Harry, who achieved five grade 9’s, three grade 8’s and one grade 7.
- Zach, who achieved four grade 9’s, two of these in English and Maths, and five grade 8’s.
- Charlie, who achieved four grade 9’s and five grade 7’s.
- Sacha, who achieved four grade 9’s, four grade 8’s and one grade 7.
- Megan, who achieved three grade 9’s in English language, English literature and history.
- Thomas, who achieved six grade 9’s, two grade 8’s and one grade 7.
- Fern, who achieved five grade 9’s, two grade 8’s, one grade 7 and one grade 6.
- Caitlin, who achieved six grade 9’s, two grade 8’s and one grade 7.
- Edward, who achieved four grade 9’s, four grade 8’s and one grade 7, and Adam, who achieved six grade 9’s, two grade 8’s and one grade 7.
The academy is extremely pleased with the students who made the highest rates of progress. These students include Charlotte, Jahno, Naveela, Nayab, Mollie, Anish, Ellie, India, Ihtsham, Alex, Aimee, Thomas, Emily, Lauren, Dhanyal, Hannah and Lauretta.
Mr Hesketh added: “Once again, congratulations and well done to everyone who achieved this year.
"Success today is part of your preparation for success in the future.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.