Rochdale motorcyclist dies after collision
Date published: 03 October 2019
A motorcyclist from Rochdale who suffered serious injuries following a collision in Lancashire has sadly died.
Police were called around 3.20pm on 21 September to reports of an accident in Chaigley, near Clitheroe, between a Honda motorbike and a Land Rover.
The rider suffered serious injuries to his chest and upper body. He was taken by air ambulance to Royal Preston Hospital for treatment but sadly died on Saturday 28 September 28.
The driver of the Land Rover, a 73-year-old man, was not injured.
Sgt Oliver Jones, of Lancashire Police’s Tactical Operations, said: “These are tragic circumstances and my thoughts are very much with the rider and his family at this sad time.
“We are continuing to appeal for information and would encourage anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward.
“Anyone with information can call 101 or email email@example.com quoting log 0878 of September 21.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1CCTV footage released of armed burglary in Middleton
- 2Did you witness an armed robbery in Middleton?
- 3Counting the coronavirus cost - Rochdale Council offers support as households struggle with council...
- 4Borough town centres to be made "safe and welcoming" as lockdown eases
- 5Bamford salon owner inspires college students during lockdown