Owners of renowned Green Door Restaurant reopen former Marina Bar and Grill as ‘Riva’ restaurant
Date published: 08 October 2019
Inside Riva Italian
Scroll down for Video
The former Marina Bar and Grill at Hollingworth Lake has re-opened as an Italian restaurant, ‘Riva’.
Taken on as a new business venture by Alison and Graham Sherwin, who run the popular restaurant The Green Door, Riva, meaning ‘water’s edge’, underwent a well-received soft opening on Friday 4 October.
Littleborough company, New England Sofa Design carried out the refurbishments to the cosy interior, whilst another local business, Graffic Detail, created the fresh-looking signs outside.
Around 15 full and part-time members of staff will make up the Riva team.
Mr Sherwin, a trained chef of 25 years, said: “The restaurant is the ideal location with terrific views of the lake. Upstairs has already been booked out as a function room and we’re already nearly full downstairs with bookings for Christmas Day.
“New England Sofa Design did such a good job with The Green Door, we wanted them back for Riva, and the inside looks beautiful.
“We hope to open seven days a week with a great team of staff. It’s a hard, but rewarding, career.
“We get on really well with everyone who comes into the Green Door and we hope to replicate our success at Riva.”
The Marina Bar and Grill closed in August due to the previous owner’s poor health.
Alison and Graham have run The Green Door since establishing it in 2012.
In September, The Green Door was awarded a prestigious Good Food Award for the second year running.
Throughout October, Riva will be open at the following times:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 12pm - 2.30pm, 5pm - 9.30pm (last food orders)
- Friday, Saturday: 12pm - 9.30pm (last food orders)
- Sunday: 12pm - 8pm (last food orders)
Inside Riva Italian Restaurant at Hollingworth Lake
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale woman jailed for five years on drug charges and money laundering
- 2Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced
- 3Couple begin afternoon tea delivery service 'Tea to the Door'
- 4Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...
- 5Police have arrested a man following a report of an attempted abduction