Kind-hearted salon owner offering free cosmetic tattooing to women affected by breast cancer
Date published: 10 October 2019
Grace McVey wants to help as many women affected by breast cancer as possible
A kind-hearted Middleton salon owner is offering free cosmetic tattooing to women who have been affected by breast cancer to help as many people as possible.
Grace McVey, 28, who runs the salon Be Beau, was inspired to begin reconstructing areola after her auntie was diagnosed with breast cancer last October.
She said: “I’ve always wanted to carry out areola reconstruction. I felt so helpless when my auntie was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago and undergoing her treatment.
“This spurred me on to do complete my training as this was the only way I could see how I could help her and others.”
Trained in semi-permanent makeup and now areola construction, Grace uses a special 3D technique to create a realistic-looking areola, using ink which lasts for several years.
She can also carry out corrective work and scar reduction, using dry needling to reduce the appearance scarring left by mastectomies or reconstructive surgery – also offered free of charge to those affected by breast cancer.
Mastectomies in the UK usually involves removing most of the breast tissue, skin, and nipple, due to a risk of cancer developing in the areola or nipple.
Grace added: “This is a cause very close to my heart: I want to help as many women as I can.”
The salon offers several ways to book in for the free treatments:
- Anonymously by Whatsapp message on 07766 548 729
- Tel: 0161 425 8907 and ask for Grace
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Breaking: Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 2Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 3Rochdale has one of the lowest disability-free life expectancy rates in the country
- 4Entry fee introduced for Feel Good Festival and plans for new free family event revealed
- 5Zen recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work