Police appeal for information after assault
Date published: 13 October 2019
A man has been hospitalised after being assaulted outside a nightclub in Rochdale.
The victim – who is aged 29 – was taken to hospital with serious head injuries after he was assaulted outside The Empire on Packer Street, Rochdale. He remains there for treatment and his condition is described as serious but not believed to be life threatening at this time.
A 26-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of section 18 assault and remains in custody for questioning.
Detectives believe that there may have been a number of witnesses to the incident, which occurred at around midnight on Friday 11 October, as well as a number of people who assisted the victim after he had been assaulted.
Police are urging those people to get in touch as a matter of urgency.
Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 4668, quoting incident number 600 of 12/10/19, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood man who was part of large-scale drugs conspiracy ordered to pay back money or face another...
- 2Milnrow restaurant and takeaway named Curry Life Awards Best Restaurant
- 3Arrests as cars, cash and drugs seized in Rochdale
- 4Appeal following death of a man at M62 exit for Birch Services
- 5Reel Cinemas reveal plans for Rochdale Riverside development