Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
Date published: 21 October 2019
Police closed part of the road after the collision on Yorkshire Street
Update 12.14pm Monday 21 October: The woman's age has been confirmed as being 44, not 20.
A woman has been taken to hospital with serious head injuries after a collision in Rochdale on Sunday (20 October).
The woman, a pedestrian, was involved in a collision with a car on Yorkshire Street at around 2.30pm.
She has been taken to the Manchester Royal Infirmary, where she is understood to be in intensive care.
The road was closed in both directions between St Mary’s Gate and Elliott Street for several hours whilst emergency services attended the scene.
Both land ambulance and the air ambulance were present, with the patient being transferred to hospital via land.
A spokesperson for the North West Ambulance Service said: “We were called to a collision between a pedestrian and a car. The pedestrian, a 20-year-old female, has been taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary with serious head injuries.”
Greater Manchester Police has been contacted for comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...
- 2Operation rescues 101 dogs from suspected illegal breeders
- 3Police have arrested a man following a report of an attempted abduction
- 4350 children in Rochdale will receive little to no presents this Christmas
- 5Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced