Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
Date published: 21 October 2019
Police closed part of the road after the collision on Yorkshire Street
Update 12.14pm Monday 21 October: The woman's age has been confirmed as being 44, not 20.
A woman has been taken to hospital with serious head injuries after a collision in Rochdale on Sunday (20 October).
The woman, a pedestrian, was involved in a collision with a car on Yorkshire Street at around 2.30pm.
She has been taken to the Manchester Royal Infirmary, where she is understood to be in intensive care.
The road was closed in both directions between St Mary’s Gate and Elliott Street for several hours whilst emergency services attended the scene.
Both land ambulance and the air ambulance were present, with the patient being transferred to hospital via land.
A spokesperson for the North West Ambulance Service said: “We were called to a collision between a pedestrian and a car. The pedestrian, a 20-year-old female, has been taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary with serious head injuries.”
Greater Manchester Police has been contacted for comment.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood business closed after breaching Covid-19 regulations
- 2In-depth interview with Rochdale’s director of public health on testing, regional restrictions and...
- 3Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 4Police appeal after biker seriously injured
- 5Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions