Employee at Rochdale opticians runs 10K for hospice
Date published: 02 December 2019
Sarah Culshaw, store director of Specsavers Rochdale
A local employee from Specsavers Rochdale has raised funds for Springhill Hospice by taking part in a sponsored 10k run, while also exceeding her fundraising target for the worthy cause.
Sarah Culshaw, store director of Specsavers Rochdale, completed her run on Sunday 10 November at Heaton Park, Manchester and raised £380, £180 above her planned target.
All funds raised will be donated to Springhill Hospice, a charity that provides specialist palliative care to patients with a life-limiting illness whilst supporting their families from diagnosis to end-of-life.
Sarah said: "Many people in our community know someone who needs the services of a place like Springhill Hospice. I think it is a fantastic local charity and wanted to support it by doing a challenge and the 10k run was definitely a test of my stamina!
"Specsavers strives to support the local community, and I can think of nothing better than raising funds for such a worthy local cause."
If you would like to support Sarah her just giving page is still open and you can donate here:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 3Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 4Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 5Rochdale school finalist in Virgin Media’s national TV Christmas competition