Heywood festival and Christmas lights switch-on
Date published: 28 November 2019
Heywood Christmas lights switch-on
Heywood Festival and Christmas lights switch-on took place on Saturday, 23 November at St Luke’s Church.
The Heywood festival took place from 11.30am - 5pm, and will be open every Saturday from 11am - 3pm until 21 December 2019.
The event was hosted by Heywood Business Group and funded by the Heywood Township.
In the event, there were markets including charity stalls, live music, miniature train rides, and a starlight circus.
Santa Claus and Mother Claus were available at the magic garden that was set up at the venue.
Roads were closed for the lantern parade that took place at 4pm.
The switch on was initiated by the mayor at 5pm, followed by a firework show to end the evening.
Councillor Peter Rush said: "This event is annually well-attended, and the general atmosphere was very pleasing.
“We had road closures for the parade and the town centre had a large number of people.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man believed to be from Rochdale pleads not guilty to murder of a man in Lancaster
- 2Person dies on railway line at Smithy Bridge Railway Station
- 3Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 4Rochdale businessman sets up non-profit to help Pakistani families facing legal problems
- 5Rochdale still doesn’t have a direct link to Manchester Airport