Police are appealing for information following a serious collision on Halifax Road
Date published: 28 November 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
The A58, Halifax Road at Smallbridge
Police are appealing for information following a serious collision on Halifax Road in Rochdale yesterday (Wednesday 27 November) in which a pedestrian was injured.
The colliision, between a red Peugeot 308 and a pedestrian occurred at around 2.40pm.
A 37-year-old woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries, where she remains in a stable but critical condition.
A 31-year old man was arrested and has been released on bail.
Enquiries are still ongoing.
Sergeant Simeon Holt, of GMP’s Road Policing Unit, said: “A woman remains in a critical condition in hospital following this incident and we have specially trained officers supporting both her and her family at this difficult time.
“This collision happened on a busy stretch of road so I am hoping there will be a number of witnesses that can assist with our enquiries.
“If you witnessed the collision or have any dash-cam footage that could assist with our investigation, please get in touch as soon as possible.”
Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 8473 quoting incident number 1644 of 28/11/2019. Alternatively contact the intendent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man believed to be from Rochdale pleads not guilty to murder of a man in Lancaster
- 2Person dies on railway line at Smithy Bridge Railway Station
- 3Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 4Rochdale businessman sets up non-profit to help Pakistani families facing legal problems
- 5Rochdale still doesn’t have a direct link to Manchester Airport