Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
Date published: 06 December 2019
Officers are keen to speak to anyone that was on or around Mellor Street at 8am on 5 December
Police are appealing for more information relating to an assault on a 43-year-old man on Mellor Street at 8am yesterday (Thursday 5 December) morning.
The offender asked the victim for the time before attacking him with a sharp instrument, causing a laceration to the man’s stomach.
The victim required hospital treatment for his injury and has since been discharged.
The offender was described as a white man, around 5ft 9inches tall, aged in his early 20s, dressed in a black hoody with the hood up.
Detective Sergeant Tim O’Callaghan, of GMP’s Rochdale district, said: “This was unprovoked attack which has left a member of the public fearing for his safety.
“I would like to reassure the public that we are taking this incident very seriously and I am particularly keen to speak to anyone that was on or around Mellor Street at the time of the attack – did you hear or see anything unusual or suspicious that could assist us?”
Anybody with information should contact police on 0161 856 8437, quoting incident number 562 of 05/12/2019, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Council leader hits out at plans to build more than 200 homes on a ‘thriving’ business park
- 3Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved
- 4Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 5The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever