Warning of snow and ice
Date published: 10 February 2020
Snow and ice expected over the next few days
The Met Office is warning of snow and ice across Greater Manchester and the North West over the next few days.
A yellow warning of snow and ice is in place from 3pm on Monday (10 February) until 12 noon on Wednesday (12 February).
Some roads and railways are likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and train services.
Strong winds are also expected on Tuesday (11 February) with possible delays and cancellations to rail and air travel.
What to expect
- Possible travel delays on roads stranding some vehicles and passengers
- Possible delays or cancellations to rail and air travel
- Power cuts may occur and other services, such as mobile phone coverage, may be affected.
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces
- Icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.
Useful advice from the Met Office:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Sign language champions ‘Sign Along With Us’ to appear in Britain's Got Talent semi-final tonight