Kingsway Park students impress at Burnley Magistrates' Court mock trial
Date published: 22 March 2020
Students from Kingsway Park High School at Burnley Magistrates’ Court
A group of citizenship students from Kingsway Park High School took part in the annual mock trial competition at Burnley Magistrates’ Court recently.
The magistrates’ court mock trial competition organised by the charity ‘Young Citizens’ helps to improve young people’s life skills and their understanding of the legal system.
Mr Davies, teacher at Kingsway Park High School, commented on what a great opportunity this had been for students studying citizenship, giving them a valuable insight into possible careers in law.
As always, the students put in a strong performance in the competition, with one student being singled out for praise by His Honour Judge Jeffries for her skill in cross-examination.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale residents may not have to pay council tax until July
- 2Coronavirus: the local companies offering takeaway and delivery services
- 3Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Residents trapped abroad by coronavirus travel restrictions
- 5JD Sports 'putting thousands at risk' by remaining open amid coronavirus pandemic