Coronavirus: Hollingworth Lake country park closed
Date published: 23 March 2020
Children exploring the woods at Hollingworth Lake country park (file photo)
Hollingworth Lake country park has been closed until further notice by Link4Life to limit the spread of coronavirus.
In a statement issued on Sunday (22 March), the charity said: “In order to help restrict the spread of coronavirus, we’ve taken the decision to close the Country Park, which includes the toilets, play areas and cafés.
“We know that people are likely to need space and fresh air in the coming weeks and months and we will do all we can to provide access wherever possible as soon as it is safe to do so.
“We urge people to stay local and observe social distancing to look after yourselves and one another.
“Thank you for your understanding and patience and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale residents may not have to pay council tax until July
- 2Coronavirus: the local companies offering takeaway and delivery services
- 3Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Residents trapped abroad by coronavirus travel restrictions
- 5JD Sports 'putting thousands at risk' by remaining open amid coronavirus pandemic