Arif Grocers teams up with One Nation to provide essentials for NHS staff
Date published: 13 April 2020
One Nation donation point at Arif Grocers in Rochdale
Wholesaler Arif Grocers in Rochdale has been collecting essential items for NHS staff at The Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital over the last week.
A shopping trolley was left next to the checkout area with requests for donations, such as: tea, coffee, sugar, soups, noodles, cereal bars, chocolates, crisps, shampoos, deodorants, toothbrushes, shower gels.
The local branch of humanitarian charity One Nation collected and delivered the items along with various other donations from the community on Wednesday 8 April.
Mojahid Ali, One Nation Rochdale branch manager, said: “It’s brilliant to see local businesses supporting our amazing NHS staff, especially in these difficult times. We need to continue to support each other.
“Thank you to everyone who donated and supported our appeal.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Optometrist helps to save sight of Rochdale man with emergency appointment
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Middleton man jailed for biting for police officer's arm to avoid being arrested
- 5Wetherspoon's social distancing measures for when pubs can reopen