Arif Grocers teams up with One Nation to provide essentials for NHS staff
Date published: 13 April 2020
One Nation donation point at Arif Grocers in Rochdale
Wholesaler Arif Grocers in Rochdale has been collecting essential items for NHS staff at The Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital over the last week.
A shopping trolley was left next to the checkout area with requests for donations, such as: tea, coffee, sugar, soups, noodles, cereal bars, chocolates, crisps, shampoos, deodorants, toothbrushes, shower gels.
The local branch of humanitarian charity One Nation collected and delivered the items along with various other donations from the community on Wednesday 8 April.
Mojahid Ali, One Nation Rochdale branch manager, said: “It’s brilliant to see local businesses supporting our amazing NHS staff, especially in these difficult times. We need to continue to support each other.
“Thank you to everyone who donated and supported our appeal.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Vulnerable care home residents’ safety was put at risk by lax security measures, health watchdog...
- 2Greater Manchester should move out of Tier 3 ‘as one’ – but leaders suggest boroughs could be split...
- 3Schoolchildren put Rochdale’s players and staff on the spot
- 4Modern Nails is first Wheatsheaf business to secure new premises after shopping centre closure
- 5Three men arrested across Greater Manchester on suspicion of firearm and drug offences