Beloved Norden milkman retires
Date published: 17 April 2020
A beloved Norden milkman whose family has served the community for over a century has retired due to ill health.
Peter Schofield, 67, of Norden, retired in April 2020 after many years delivering milk in the local community. His daily routine also consisted of shopping for the elderly and moving furniture for them.
The Schofield family has delivered milk to Norden doorsteps since its humble beginnings, with Peter’s father and grandfather delivering milk by horse and cart.
Family member Sue Schofield said: “Peter is a well-liked and respected figure in Norden, who not only delivered milk to his customers but was often the only face some of his elderly customers saw, and he would help them with jobs around the house they couldn’t manage and pick up essentials for them.
“He was always happy to help within the community in any way he could and he will be greatly missed.”
Norden resident, Paul Ellison, a Man of Rochdale, added: “Peter is a true community gentleman.
“We wish him and his family all the best.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Archaeologists at ‘Big Dig’ hope to uncover Rochdale’s Anglo-Saxon history
- 2No trains from Rochdale to Victoria for 16 days from this weekend due to improvement works
- 3Broadfield Park Hotel taken over by Brilliant Hospitality Management
- 4New sensory and wellbeing centre opens in Rochdale
- 5Rochdale paramedic student reflects on bumpy road to graduation