Beloved Norden milkman retires
Date published: 17 April 2020
A beloved Norden milkman whose family has served the community for over a century has retired due to ill health.
Peter Schofield, 67, of Norden, retired in April 2020 after many years delivering milk in the local community. His daily routine also consisted of shopping for the elderly and moving furniture for them.
The Schofield family has delivered milk to Norden doorsteps since its humble beginnings, with Peter’s father and grandfather delivering milk by horse and cart.
Family member Sue Schofield said: “Peter is a well-liked and respected figure in Norden, who not only delivered milk to his customers but was often the only face some of his elderly customers saw, and he would help them with jobs around the house they couldn’t manage and pick up essentials for them.
“He was always happy to help within the community in any way he could and he will be greatly missed.”
Norden resident, Paul Ellison, a Man of Rochdale, added: “Peter is a true community gentleman.
“We wish him and his family all the best.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Optometrist helps to save sight of Rochdale man with emergency appointment
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Middleton man jailed for biting for police officer's arm to avoid being arrested
- 5Wetherspoon's social distancing measures for when pubs can reopen