Draw The Day with Cartwheel Arts
Date published: 11 May 2020
Draw the Day from Cartwheel Arts
Heywood-based Cartwheel Arts has launched a new website full of fun activities to join in with at home.
Draw The Day promotes creative exploration and wellbeing whilst in lockdown or isolation. With young families and adults in mind, different aspects of the programme are designed to engage people in different ways.
The programme breaks down into three strands:
Draw the Day
A range of visual arts activities for families and adults with 30 dedicated videos made so that everyone can make along with them. The activities include everything from making a rainbow to splatter abstract art. These videos are fun for all the family to join in and get creative.
For adults there are creative activities which challenge the way we look at our environment and how we use materials. They are being released each week to reflect Cartwheel’s usual group sessions, for those looking for a project to help distract and relax.
Explore the Day
This booklet full of walking activities makes every day an adventure for children and families at home. It has the classics, including ‘the floor is lava’ and making maps as well as creative ones such as poem writing and making wind-catchers.
Cartwheel have also sponsored Professor Jigget who tells a story full of wonder, inspired by this year’s Darnhill Festival which has been postponed until winter.
Feel the Day
Every Sunday Cartwheel will post a creative activity focused on wellbeing, techniques for anxiety or guided relaxation for you to wind down and restart for the week ahead.
“The new website has been really popular” said Art for Wellbeing Project Coordinator Becky Smyllie. “The videos really bring the activities to life and people are already submitting work to our online gallery.”
When to find activity
- Find Prof. Jigget on Facebook with @YanTanTethera every Monday at 6.30pm
- New art videos are posted every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 2pm
- Walking activities are released every Wednesday at 10am
- Creative activities for adults come out each Friday at 10am
- Feel the Day each Sunday at 4pm
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Lift engineer dies in "tragic accident" at Royal Oldham Hospital
- 2Bedsit plan for former pub refused on grounds it would offer ‘unacceptable standard of...
- 3Man threatened with a firearm and assaulted with a hammer during burglary in Middleton
- 4Plans for a university in Rochdale to stop ‘brain drain' from the borough set to take vital step...
- 5Man suffers serious injuries after car flips on roof