Two Rochdale women released under investigation in connection with Staffordshire kidnapping
Date published: 23 July 2020
Two women from Rochdale have been released under investigation in relation to a kidnapping investigation by Staffordshire Police.
The women, aged 32 and 37, were arrested in connection with the incident, as a 35-year-old man from Cambridgeshire has been charged with kidnap and false imprisonment.
Darren McClean, of Cambridgeshire, appeared before magistrates in Birmingham on 20 July, charged with two counts of kidnap and two counts of false imprisonment, all in London between 7 and 17 July.
The charges relate to allegations McClean kidnapped and falsely imprisoned two men from Stoke-on-Trent. He has been remanded in custody until 28 August.
A 28-year-old man from Cambridgeshire was also arrested in connection with the incident.
The Rochdale women and 28-year-old man have all been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 3Coronavirus: Greater Manchester declares major incident
- 4Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 5New temporary testing units to open in Rochdale town centre and Littleborough