Police appeal after biker seriously injured
Date published: 11 August 2020
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Station Road, Broadley
A man in his 30s has been seriously injured following a collision in Broadley, Whitworth on Saturday evening (7.40pm, 8 August).
The man was riding an off-road bike on Station Road but failed to negotiate a bend and collided with a fence before being thrown from the vehicle.
Despite wearing full protective clothing and a helmet, the man sustained some significant injuries, and was taken to the Royal Salford Hospital where he remains in a serious condition.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the incident to contact them.
Sgt Chris Evans, of Lancashire Constabulary’s Tac Ops, said: “This incident has left a man with some very serious injuries and I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward and contact the police.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 quoting log 1831 of 8 August.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Grade-II* listed church St John the Baptist has been awarded funding for repairs