Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
Date published: 20 September 2020
Photo: Rochdale Online
The scene on Packer Street this morning
Packer Street and the Rochdale Town Hall car park are taped off this morning by police following a serious incident in the area overnight.
Scene of crime officers are in attendance and local businesses including Yates, Empire and the Flying Horse have been unable to open today (as at 11am).
Unfortunately, police have confirmed that they are investigating the death of a man in his 30s.
The coronavirus walk through testing site at the rear of the town hall is still operating - it can be accessed on foot past the registry office side of the town hall.
Police have not yet released any details about the incident.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Council leader's concerns for vulnerable as Rochdale’s infection rate rises to highest in region
- 2Residents on low incomes offered £500 Test and Trace Support Payment to self-isolate
- 3Greater Manchester to move into Tier 3 restrictions
- 4Work to begin on site for 240 new homes in Rochdale town centre
- 5Investigation launched after gunshots fired in Heywood