Man from Lincoln charged in connection with death of Peter Cordwell
Date published: 15 November 2020
Heywood businessman Peter Cordwell died following a burglary at his property
A man from Lincoln has been charged in connection with the death of Peter Cordwell following a burglary in Heywood.
Ahman Mirza, aged 35, of Lincoln has been charged with three counts of attempted S18 wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, one count of violent disorder and one count of possession of an offensive weapon.
Mr Cordwell, 48, is believed to have suffered a medical episode following the incident at Collop Gate Farm, Heywood on 28 October. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, he sadly died a short time later.
Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 8581 quoting incident number 3023 of 28/10/2020. Alternatively details can be passed on anonymously via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Vulnerable care home residents’ safety was put at risk by lax security measures, health watchdog...
- 2Greater Manchester should move out of Tier 3 ‘as one’ – but leaders suggest boroughs could be split...
- 3Schoolchildren put Rochdale’s players and staff on the spot
- 4Modern Nails is first Wheatsheaf business to secure new premises after shopping centre closure
- 5Three local men jailed after two-year-long drug investigation