Arson attack in Rochdale
Date published: 20 November 2020
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
William Henry Street, off Oldham Road
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life after an arson attack in Rochdale on Friday morning (20 November).
Police were called to reports of an arson attack on a property on William Henry Street near Oldham Road at 4.20am.
Emergency services attended and the fire was extinguished.
No-one was injured but fire damage was caused to the front door of the premises.
Police have arrested a 27-year-old woman on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
Investigations into how the fire began are ongoing, but police are treating the fire as arson and are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Inspector Julie Maxwell of GMP's Rochdale District said: "Fortunately no one was injured during this reckless attack.
"Two adults and three young children were present in the address when this attack took place. The consequences could have been dreadful.
"While we have made an arrest, our enquiries are very much ongoing and I'd appeal to anyone with information or who may have witnessed the attack to contact police immediately."
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or 0161 856 8441 quoting incident number 359 of 20/11/2020.
Reports can also be made anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale men jailed after police discover container stocked with drugs on Chichester Street
- 2Local election 2021: Labour retains hold on Rochdale Council as it wins back Balderstone and...
- 3Police are appealing for the public's help to trace a wanted man with links to Rochdale
- 4Rochdale Travelodge opens at Sandbrook Park
- 5Thousands of pounds and designer watches seized in fraud raid in Littleborough