GP and community mental health services are 2021/22 priorities for Healthwatch Rochdale
Date published: 05 April 2021
Healthwatch Rochdale is the independent consumer champion for health and social care, representing the patient and public's voice in Rochdale
GP and community mental health services have been identified as priority areas of work for independent health watchdog Healthwatch Rochdale, following a recent public consultation.
Local residents were invited to share their views on where they thought Healthwatch Rochdale should work over the next year, with GP and community mental health services coming out top.
Other areas of work identified include:
- Development of the #TogetherRochdale Communications Group
- Development of Healthwatch Rochdale’s Advisory Group
- Enter and View
- Information, Advice & Signposting surgeries
Kate Jones, Healthwatch Rochdale Chief Executive officer, said: “Our work priorities are chosen based on the feedback we have received over the previous twelve months and the results of our public consultation.
“Our priority areas are chosen this way to make sure we are working where the residents of Rochdale want us to work and that the changes we make to the health and social care system will be beneficial to them.”
Healthwatch Rochdale will also launch a new online monthly forum, ‘Healthwatch Rochdale presents an audience with…’. The forum will include updates from guest speakers on various topics and services and include a question-and-answer session at the end.
The forum will be part of Healthwatch Rochdale’s role of providing information to the public.
Healthwatch Rochdale is the independent consumer champion for health and social care, representing the patient and public's voice in Rochdale. It helps to shape and improve local health and social care for local people and their communities.
Healthwatch Rochdale is part of the Healthwatch national network, established by the Government to ensure local patients and users have a greater input to shaping and designing local services.
To find out more go to www.healthwatchrochdale.org.uk
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 2Police chase suspected drug dealer over two miles of moorland after car pursuit through...
- 3Rochdale woman banned from driving for two years after string of driving offences
- 4Whitworth man and woman charged after Wallbank stabbing
- 5Go North West negotiations collapse without agreement as Manchester bus strikes set to continue