Rochdale woman banned from driving for two years after string of driving offences
Date published: 09 April 2021
Photo: Google, Digital Globe
Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court
A Rochdale woman has been banned from driving for two years after a committing a number of driving offences.
Billy Jo Cartwright, 21, appeared at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on 31 March where she was banned from driving for two years and must take a re-test.
The Crown Prosecution Service later confirmed Cartwright, who was more than twice the legal limit, had taken a Range Rover without the owner's consent before driving it dangerously on the M62 slip road at Birch Service
s on 16 January. Damage was caused to the vehicle.
Cartwright had pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking, dangerous driving, using a vehicle without insurance and driving whilst above the alcohol limit.
She was also sentenced to an 18-month community order, 120 hours’ unpaid work, a 20 day rehabilitation activity requirement, and a two-month curfew.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man found dead in Heywood
- 2Work starts on new £3m development at Sandbrook Business Park
- 3Police are trying to reunite power tools recovered in Rochdale raids with their owners
- 4Rochdale mum creates Activity Pack boxes after witnessing ‘demands of home working’ on children...
- 5Man arrested following car theft in Rochdale