Armed robbery on Langley Lane
Date published: 12 May 2021
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Langley Lane, Middleton
A man wielding a knife stole a quantity of money from a business on Langley Lane, Middleton, around Tuesday lunchtime (11 May).
The man entered the premises, believed to be the post office, and threatened a staff member before making off with an amount of money.
No injuries have been reported, however the staff member was left understandably shaken.
The offender is described as wearing a mask with a blue coat and hat at the time of the robbery.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
Detective Sergeant Andrew Dixon, of GMP's Rochdale district, said: "This was a terrifying incident for all involved, and has left the staff member feeling understandably frightened.
"This incident happened in broad daylight and I am hopeful that there are a number of witnesses who were in the area at the time and may have seen something suspicious."
Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 8716, or on our website via our Live Chat function at www.gmp.police.uk, quoting incident number 1174 of 11/05/21.
Reports can also be made anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Obituary: Lee Scott Doran
- 2Queen's birthday honours for local councillor, nurse consultant and school governor
- 3Care home failed to call for medical help after elderly mum suffered fall weeks after breaking hip
- 4‘Every woman in public life has experienced this’: Councillor speaks out on ‘gender-specific...
- 5Two solar-powered bins installed in Milkstone and Deeplish