Littleborough man charged with death by dangerous driving after girl, 11, died in collision
Date published: 09 June 2021
Photo: Joel Goodman
Manchester & Salford Magistrates Court
A Littleborough man has been charged with death by dangerous driving after a young girl died in a collision in Bury last year.
Andrew Cairns, 35, will appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates' Court on Thursday 24 June.
11-year-old Ruby Cropper – believed to have been crossing the road with a friend - was hit by a blue Suzuki Alto on Monday 10 August 2020 on New Road in Radcliffe, close to the junction of Hollinhurst Road.
Ruby suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital, where she sadly passed away on Wednesday 12 August, despite the best efforts of medical staff.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘We have lost an awful lot of parking space’: Businesses owners’ concerns over closure of town hall...
- 2Robber pushes pram over into road before ripping necklace from mum’s neck in broad daylight
- 3Russell’s Café moves to Yorkshire Street
- 4Huge emergency services response at River Roch in search for missing man, later found safe
- 5RSPCA on the move as Hollingworth Lake permission granted