Who is your Man of Rochdale 2021? Nominations now open
Date published: 19 September 2021
Paul Ellison and Ray Smith - Man of Rochdale 2019 joint winners
Springhill Hospice's annual Man of Rochdale event is being held in November and the team behind the event is asking for your nominations for this year's winner.
Look around at the unsung heroes within your community. The past eighteen months in particular have shone a light on the amazing heroic actions of so many within our community but who stands out to you? The Men of Rochdale Committee are on the lookout for the 2021 Rochdale Man of the Year but they can’t be recognised without your nominations.
Joint winners, Paul Ellison and Ray Smith took home the Man of Rochdale award in 2019. Both were nominated for the fantastic work they do improving the environment in our borough with Rochdale in Bloom and Pennines In Bloom.
The twenty-seventh annual Men of Rochdale Luncheon will take place at Rochdale Golf Club on Friday 26 November and is sponsored by Jackson Jackson Ltd. This year, the luncheon will welcome a brilliant and vibrant former footballer as its guest speaker, Jan Molby. The guest speaker has been kindly sponsored by Performance Doorset Solutions Ltd.
Vicki Murray, Corporate and Partnerships Fundraiser at Springhill Hospice, said: “After a tough eighteen months for everyone it’s so exciting to be able to welcome back the Man of Rochdale luncheon to Springhill’s events calendar. I am very much looking forward to seeing the Man of Rochdale 2021 crowned.”
Nominations are now open for this year’s award. To submit your suggestion for the 2021 Man of the Year please complete the form on the Hospice website, www.springhill.org.uk/events/man-of-rochdale
Alternatively, you can email your nomination and endorsement to email@example.com Your nomination should be of no more than 500 words. The closing date for nominations to be received is Monday 1 November 2021.
Please note that your nominee can only be considered if they meet the following criteria:
- They must work or live in the Borough of Rochdale
- They must not have received a Royal award
- They must be an ‘unsung’ member of the general public having voluntarily given of their time and efforts to improve the lives of others within the borough of Rochdale
Tickets are now on sale for the event and can be purchased at www.springhill.org.uk/events/man-of-rochdale or calling Springhill Hospice Fundraising Office on 01706 641790 (Opt 1).
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man jailed for spiking woman's drink and then sexually assaulting her
- 2Little Amal heading to Rochdale during epic journey
- 3Pink flamingos take up residence in Middleton
- 4Housing association under pressure to ‘produce the goods’ as plans to regenerate deprived area...
- 5Property giant unveils ‘sports hub’ plan for controversial green belt site earmarked for hundreds...