Wrenbury Drive's Christmas lights return
Date published: 30 November 2023
Christmas lights on Wrenbury Drive, Burnedge
Residents of Wrenbury Drive in Burnedge, Rochdale, are aiming to raise £3,000 for Springhill Hospice with their spectacular lights switch-on in December.
The residents have had their own festive light display from the first Saturday of every December for many years, with people coming from miles to see them.
Last year’s festive lights raised over £2,100 for the hospice.
The residents have once again teamed up with the Spring Inn on Broad Lane, which will have a Christmas sing-a-long with Milnrow Brass Band from 3.30-4pm on Saturday 2 December.
A Christmas market is also being hosted at the pub from 2pm - 6pm.
The lights on Wrenbury Drive will be switched on at 5pm.
Maria Brierley, one resident of the street, said: “Everyone is welcome to come and join in with the fun that evening and to enjoy the lights throughout the festive season so why not spread some Christmas cheer and fundraise for such a very valued and worthy charity at the same time.
“Any donations are very much appreciated!”
Donations can be made via JustGiving:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...
- 2Rochdale by-election: Green Party candidate no longer endorsed by party just weeks before voters go...
- 3David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 4‘The last wild green space’ that locals fear could be turned into housing or a car park
- 5Places for Everyone plan for 175,000 homes goes to final stage following inspectors’ report