Christmas markets return to the Oxford for tenth year
Date published: 02 December 2023
Oxford Christmas Markets
The ever-popular Christmas markets at the Oxford on Whitworth Road are returning for the tenth year on the first two Sundays of December.
Boasting stalls from local businesses, brass bands and a real community atmosphere, the once small market has grown year on year.
There are all the expected Xmas Market fixtures; footlong bratwursts, hot chocolates, mulled wine, hog roast sandwiches, cinnamon pretzels, and stalls selling everything from patisseries to personalised presents.
Tom McNeeney, chef at the Oxford, said: “We have kept pushing the boat out year after year to create something just as beloved as the Manchester Markets but right on your doorstep. Live music and brass bands each Sunday give a real welcoming feel alongside homemade food and a dedicated mulled wine bar, because as always with Team McNeeney, it’s all about the experience and Christmas is no exception.”
The Oxford Christmas Markets are returning on Sunday 3 December and Sunday 10 December 12pm to 6pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...
- 2Rochdale by-election: Green Party candidate no longer endorsed by party just weeks before voters go...
- 3David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 4‘The last wild green space’ that locals fear could be turned into housing or a car park
- 5Places for Everyone plan for 175,000 homes goes to final stage following inspectors’ report