Championship titles for Fabdance
Date published: 03 February 2024
Rochdale’s Fabdance Centre at the Gullivers championships in Rotherham
Rochdale’s Fabdance Centre came away with two championship titles at the Gullivers championships in Rotherham, in their first contest of the season.
Eight students from the Rooley Moor Road-based dance school competed against other dance schools from across England, Scotland, and Wales before coming away with first place titles.
Romy Devereux, aged 11, won first place in the freestyle solos, and twins Neve and Romy Devereux won the U12 rock ‘n’ roll.
Christopher Booth, another Fabdance student, also received a judges’ choice award.
Each Fabdancer who participated in the competition came away with at least one trophy.
Fiona Briddon, school principal, teacher and owner of Fabdance Centre, said: "I have always been proud of all our students from the studio, but never in a million years did we expect these results.
"We are always on the lookout for new kids to join our award-winning ‘compsquad’.”
Fiona added: “We held fundraising events to help towards the expenses of the competition with local businesses providing raffle prizes.
“We would just like to personally thank our amazing sponsors, The Oxford, on Whitworth Road, for our uniform.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Serious collision on Wildhouse Lane leaves driver in life-threatening condition
- 2David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 3Autistic Middleton author's latest book explores how to survive puberty as a teenage girl with...
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...