Spotland Road closed at junction with St Mary's Gate due to police incident
Date published: 01 February 2024
Photo: Rochdale Online
Spotland Road has been closed at the junction with St Mary's Gate
A section of Spotland Road outside Lidl has been cordoned off due to a police incident (Thursday 1 February).
The road has been closed in both directions between Sheriff Street and St Mary’s Gate as of 1pm with the emergency services on scene.
Buses are currently (3pm) being diverted due to the incident and Holland Street, next to the College Bank flats, has been closed off.
The fire service has confirmed it sent two engines from Rochdale and Littleborough as well as the technical response unit from Ashton-Under-Lyne fire station.
A spokesperson added: “We attended to assist police with an incident and were attendance for around 30 minutes.”
The police and the ambulance service have been contacted for comment.
Due to a police incident Trax 467 & Rochdale Runners R2 will be unable to serve certain stops— Rosso (@Rossobus) February 1, 2024
Stops missed: Holland Street, Sheriff Street, Chaseley Road, Primrose Street
We apologise for any inconvenience pic.twitter.com/PDzkcsQ4Ip
Due to a police incident #RochdaleRunners R3 will be unable to serve certain stops— Rosso (@Rossobus) February 1, 2024
Stops missed: The Esplanade, Holland Street, Pearl Street
We apologise for any inconvenience pic.twitter.com/tkWrlUA7I0
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Serious collision on Wildhouse Lane leaves driver in life-threatening condition
- 2David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 3Autistic Middleton author's latest book explores how to survive puberty as a teenage girl with...
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...