Police appeal for information following the death of a pedestrian in Rochdale
Date published: 02 February 2024
Photo: Rochdale Online
A female pedestrian died after being hit by a HGV on Spotland Road
Police are appealing for information following the death of a 63-year-old woman yesterday (Thursday 1 February).
The female pedestrian, who was crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing point on Spotland Road close to Lidl, was hit by a HGV at around 12.20pm.
Emergency services attended but the woman died at the scene.
A 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and remains in custody for questioning.
Police Constable Philip Drummond of GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit said: “Tragically a woman has died after the incident earlier today.
“My thoughts are with her family and friends at this devastating time.
“We’re already following up on a number of lines of enquiry and would urge anyone with information to come forward to assist us.
“We would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or may have dash-cam or CCTV footage.
“The investigation is in the early stages so any information, no matter how big or small, could really help us piece together what happened.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0161 856 4741 quoting log 1373 of 1/2/24 or alternatively call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Serious collision on Wildhouse Lane leaves driver in life-threatening condition
- 2David Tully’s reaction to being the runner up in the Rochdale by-election
- 3Autistic Middleton author's latest book explores how to survive puberty as a teenage girl with...
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5Rochdale by-election: George Galloway wins seat and independent David Tully is second with over...