Latest TIF referendum voting figures
Date published: 05 December 2008
30.1% of the Rochdale electorate have voted in the Greater Manchester Transport referendum so far, according to polling progress information issued by the Returning Officer.
People are being asked to vote on the Greater Manchester Transport Innovation Fund proposals which involve both major investment in public transport in Greater Manchester and a weekday, peak-time only congestion charging scheme.
155,830 ballot packs have been sent to Rochdale residents. So far 46,928 people have voted.
Voters have until 10pm on 11 December to return their completed ballot papers. The results will be announced on 12 December.
People in Tameside have been fastest to vote in Greater Manchester's transport referendum, official figures show.
Voters in the city of Manchester, who will live inside the congestion charging zone once it is in place, has had the lowest turnout so far.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Middleton man jailed for his part in ‘industrial scale' £61m drug conspiracy
- 2Landlord of historic pub assures locals he’s ‘not turning it into a rave’ as venue gets outdoor...
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 14 years in prison after running elderly man over with his own car
- 4Four new units being built at Kingsway Business Park
- 5Christmas Toy Appeal needs your support