Former councillor denies making child pornography
Date published: 17 January 2012
A former Rochdale Councillor has denied making child pornography.
Thirty-nine year-old Darren Pedley, appeared at Bolton Crown Court on Monday (16 January) charged with 12 counts of making indecent images of children.
He pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Mr Pedley, formerly of Daventry Road, Kirkholt, was a Labour Councillor for Balderstone and Kirkholt between 2004 and 2007.
The charges relate to incidents in October 2010.
Laura Jeffrey, aged 30, of Ethelbert Road, Orpington, Kent, was charged with 12 counts of possessing and making indecent images of children. She pleaded not guilty to all charges.
Both have been released on conditional bail with trial listed for 1 October 2012.
The pair must reside at the address in Kent until the night before the trial, are banned from using the internet and must not have any unsupervised contact with children under 16, under conditions of bail.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested under Dangerous Dogs Act after death of boy, 3, following dog attack
- 2Family pay tribute to three-year-old Daniel John Twigg
- 3Man arrested following the death of a woman in Littleborough crash
- 4Three Rochdale men charged with vehicle thefts in Greater Manchester and Cheshire
- 5Dogs seized and one "humanely destroyed" after boy, 3, dies after dog attack