Overnight Metrolink works in July
Date published: 08 July 2013
Overnight works required as part of the overall testing programme for the overhead power lines installed along the Metrolink route is due to take place on several evenings in July, currently anticipated to be the 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, and the also weekend of 20 and 21 July - these dates may change as work progresses.
The overnight work will be undertaken between the hours of midnight and 7am during engineering hours when there are no passenger services in operation to Rochdale Railway Station stop.
The work will take place along the route of the Rochdale town centre Metrolink extension, from the railway station to Smith Street. Metrolink does not anticipate this work causing disturbance to local residents, however, workers and equipment may be seen on site on site during these times.
The installed overhead line equipment is to be considered as 'live at all times'.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Greater Manchester call for Rochdale grooming gang deportations to be...
- 210 members of M40 gang jailed for 131 years after Rochdale police investigation
- 3Mellor Street Aldi undergoes refurbishment
- 4Quick-thinking schoolboy, 11, praised for 'heroic' actions
- 5Andy Burnham admits he wasn’t forced to introduce Clean Air Zone charges in heated debate