Mayor Peter Rush supports local clean up
Date published: 25 August 2013
Members of the World Mission Society Church of God working in the South Street area
Members of the World Mission Society Church of God have worked with local councillors to clean up areas surrounding South Street, Rochdale.
The group met on Wednesday 21 August to clean rubbish from the area and many local residents came out of their homes to help. Mayor Peter Rush also attended the clean up to support the volunteers.
Members of the Church have cleaned up through the whole of Greater Manchester and have cleaned areas such as Rochdale, Trafford, Salford, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Tameside, Stockport, Wigan and Prestwich. The group plan to go everywhere that they can make a change.
The clean up campaign hopes to inform people of the seriousness of environmental issues.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Thunderstorms and heavy rain forecast for Tuesday
- 2Royal Mail warns of delays to local postal deliveries
- 3Community café opens in Milnrow
- 4Metrolink services reduced today due to discovery of damage to 43 trams
- 5Summer schools to help Rochdale pupils catch up on learning they missed out on due to pandemic