Mayor Peter Rush supports local clean up
Date published: 25 August 2013
Members of the World Mission Society Church of God working in the South Street area
Members of the World Mission Society Church of God have worked with local councillors to clean up areas surrounding South Street, Rochdale.
The group met on Wednesday 21 August to clean rubbish from the area and many local residents came out of their homes to help. Mayor Peter Rush also attended the clean up to support the volunteers.
Members of the Church have cleaned up through the whole of Greater Manchester and have cleaned areas such as Rochdale, Trafford, Salford, Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Tameside, Stockport, Wigan and Prestwich. The group plan to go everywhere that they can make a change.
The clean up campaign hopes to inform people of the seriousness of environmental issues.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched