Heywood Charities Fete – biggest yet
Date published: 07 September 2015
Heywood Charities Fete
Scroll down for Video
This year’s Heywood Charities Fete has been described as “the biggest yet” by organisers.
George Kinder, from The Rotary Club of Heywood, said: “The parade has been the biggest we have ever had and even in the park, we have had more things going on than before. The town has really got behind us this year and it has been a huge success.”
Starting on Sefton Street at 1pm, the huge parade saw a number of local organisations bring the theme of nursery rhymes to life as they made their way to Queens Park.
Once in the park, charities lined the paths including Marie Curie Cancer Care, Super Josh and Rochdale Lions.
There were also performances on the stage, fairground rides, carnival games and activities.
The Charities Fete Committee comprises of individuals from Heywood and members of groups in Heywood including, Rotary, Lions, Scouts, Guides and the Business Group.
Money raised at the fete is then distributed between a number of charities throughout the upcoming year.
Heywood Charities Fete 2015 - Juba Do Leao performing in Queens Park
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man found dead in Heywood
- 2Work starts on new £3m development at Sandbrook Business Park
- 3Police are trying to reunite power tools recovered in Rochdale raids with their owners
- 4Rochdale mum creates Activity Pack boxes after witnessing ‘demands of home working’ on children...
- 5Man arrested following car theft in Rochdale