Simon Danczuk writes to First Bus seeking answers to questions about horrific bus crash
Date published: 11 September 2015
Simon Danczuk's letter to Teresa Broxton
Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk has written to Teresa Broxton, Managing Director of First Group Manchester, regarding the horrific incident that occurred on Wednesday when the top deck of a bus was sheared off when the bus collided with a railway bridge.
Mr Danzuk has welcomed the investigation that is underway but has asked for details of how the results of the investigation will be used to improve public safety.
He also makes the point to Ms Broxton that such accidents undermine confidence in public transport and asks what steps will be taken to ensure similar accidents can be avoided in future.
He concludes by asking for compensation for the injured, seeking a reply as a matter of "priority".
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman taken to hospital after falling down an embankment at Hollingworth Lake
- 2George Galloway is now the favourite to win Rochdale by-election, say bookies, after Labour...
- 3Section of Healey Dell bought by Deji Properties in "commitment to preserving nature" as company...
- 4Three Rochdale dads plan epic bike ride in memory of friend
- 5Stage set for grand reopening of Rochdale Town Hall