Stock car racing: Littleborough stock car driver wins European Championship
Date published: 04 August 2018
Stephen Mallinson, wins the Brisca F2 European Championship at Northampton International Raceway
Stephen Mallinson a stock car driver from Littleborough has won the Brisca F2 European Championship at Northampton International Raceway.
Mallinson, a racer since the age of 11, beat 85 other drivers including 15 that had travelled from Holland to compete.
This is the biggest title Stephen has achieved in his racing career.
For the next 12 months his car will carry the red and yellow chequered roof of European champion.
Mallinson's next major race is the World of Shale Final at Stoke on 25 August; he has qualified third and is hopeful for a good result.
He would like to thank his local sponsors CAR.I.P LTD, D&W Cars, Shaw Tyre & Exhaust, Ken Mills Engineering and Pollard Construction whose support is greatly appreciated.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1British Transport Police release CCTV following report of sexual assault at Rochdale railway
- 2Rochdale has some of the best roads in Greater Manchester
- 3Probation failings "most likely" contributed to murder of Michael Hoolickin
- 4Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 5Councillor Andy Kelly throws hat in ring for Lib Dems ahead of May 2020 Metro Mayor elections