Football: Sam Hart joins Rochdale on loan from Blackburn Rovers
Date published: 30 August 2018
Sam Hart returns to Rochdale on loan from Blackburn Rovers
Sam Hart has joined Rochdale AFC on loan from Blackburn Rovers until the end of the season.
Hart, 21, spent four months on loan at the Crown Oil Arena last season, helping Dale to avoid relegation on the final day.
He said: “I’m really happy. I have got a bond with the football club and the people here, so I am excited to be back.
“I know the lads, the manager and all the staff, so it should be quite easy for me to settle in and get doing what I need to do.”
The defender came through the Manchester United Academy set-up before moving to Liverpool during the 2012-13 season at the age of 16.
He quickly progressed from Liverpool's Under-18 side to become a regular for their development squad, also gaining valuable league experience by spending six-months on loan at League One Port Vale during 2016-17, making 16 appearances.
He joined Rovers for an undisclosed fee from Liverpool at the start of last season, making seven appearances before joining Rochdale on loan in January.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man taken to hospital after being shot near Falinge Park
- 2Police launch appeal for information following shooting near Falinge Park
- 3Mother’s heartache as killer of Chloe Cockton to be allowed home leave from prison
- 4Stress and depression leading causes of long-term sick at Rochdale Council
- 5Rochdale streets to become 20mph zones