Stuart Smith Junior stockcar world champion
Date published: 18 September 2018
Stuart Smith BriSCA F1 Champion of the world
Stuart Smith Junior was victorious at the 2018 BriSCA F1 World Championship Final in Skegness.
Stuart, son of F1 Stockcar legend Stuart Smith Senior, raced to victory on Saturday (15 September), joining his father and brother in wearing the gold roof, marking his first World Championship win since 2007.
The stockcar champion was forced to take some time out after the sudden death of his father in 2010, but has made an incredible comeback since then, winning the UK Open Championships in 2014, a race he had never won before.
Stuart Smith Senior was a six times world champion and became a household name in the early to mid-80s.
Racing certainly runs in the blood of this Rochdale family, as Mr Smith Senior left behind his racing legacy to his dedicated family including his stockcar racing sons, Andrew and Stuart.
Previous titles Stuart has won include the World Championship in 2007, British Champion in 2008 and 2018, and National Points Champion in 2009 and 2017.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched