Diabetic boxer hopes to maintain winning streak this weekend
Date published: 07 December 2018
Muhammad Ali enjoyed his second professional victory on 17 November
A diabetic boxer from Rochdale is set to compete in his third professional fight this weekend at Macron Stadium, Bolton.
On Saturday 8 December, Rochdale-born Muhammad Ali will go head to head against Jack Flatley in the main event, as Ali fights to keep his winning streak.
After a victory at his first professional debut in September, Ali proved a winning streak as he enjoyed his second professional victory in November at Victoria Warehouse.
An ambassador for Diabetes UK, Ali has now gained premium sponsorships from David Lloyd Clubs Manchester North, JMR Solicitors, American company Dexcom and most recently he signed a new sponsorship with local company ThinAir Sports.
Following a three-year fight, Ali was granted a professional licence by the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) in May 2018, after having his previous applications turned down as a result of his medical condition.
Ali made history in September after winning his professional debut as the first UK boxer with type one diabetes to fight.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Middleton takeaway wins two awards at first-ever English Asian Food Awards 2019
- 2Children’s ‘retro arcade’ plan given the green light
- 3Safe fished out of Rochdale canal reunited with owner a decade after being stolen in armed robbery
- 4Friends help with travel costs as Millie fights second cancer battle
- 5What 2019/20 budget will mean for Rochdale