Rugby Union: Littleborough U14s v Rossendale
Date published: 08 January 2019
With a squad ravaged by injury and illness, Littleborough Rugby Union Club entertained Rossendale in the Lancashire Cup.
The missing personnel meant the team had only 16 men and this was reduced to 15 very quickly after Ben Williams suffered an injury. A number of players had to play out of position with backs having to fill in for forwards etc.
The effect was that Littleborough were unable to build any continuity or momentum in the game, and in the end the boys went down by a score line of 5-40.
The sole try scorer was Ruben Warburton.
All the boys put in a great effort, but they were up against a good and powerful Rossendale side and today was not their day.
Squad: Charlie Bell, Jacob Brady, Bradley Chrimes, Jake Coupe, Ben Crabtree, Harry Crabtree, James Devine, Ethan Dewhurst, Luke Jones, Thomas Kelly, Olly Mills, Tyler Mills, Max Risby, Ruben Warburton, Ben Williams, and Ben Willocks.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman released under investigation after Rochdale death
- 225-year-old woman arrested after man sustained fatal injuries
- 3Former head teacher of Lowerplace Primary School banned from teaching after cheating in KS2 SATs
- 4Milnrow man charged after dawn raids in Oldham last week
- 5Borough's new LGBT+ identity is launched